One more week...

I'm 39 weeks today - at this point in my last pregnancy, I was not pregnant. I had Liam on the first morning of my 39th week, my water had broken the day before. Liam was 7 lbs. 14 oz. - good thing they say girls are usually smaller since this little girl is apparently staying in a little longer. Babycenter.com says average babies weigh just over 7 lbs. at this point, and since she's been measuring right on track, maybe she is still at that point. I'd really like to not have an 8+ pounder. I'd also really like to have this baby before Wednesday, so I don't have to have another fun doctor's appointment... but if wishes were fishes the sea would be full.


Of course now that the school week has started back up I never seem to have enough time to get everything ready for the next day - I basically have to leave everything ready for a sub every time I leave. If you are a teacher - you know what a giant pain this is. I stayed after school for 2 extra hours trying to be all ready for this week, but there's always something else that can be done. So of course now I'm saying to myself, "just one more day, then I can have the baby." At least my house is ready. I was convinced I'd be going to the hospital before the weekend was over - I was having back aches and lots of pressure - and so I threatened to Todd that if my water broke and the house wasn't vacuumed, I would not be going to the hospital until it was. So we got a lot done yesterday, but I am very tired today - and it was obvious.


BUT, the good news is, unless I go over my due date (in which case I will schedule myself to be induced the next day), I WILL have a baby in a week... or a week and a day.

Comments

  1. Seems that everyone is ready except the baby. She's just too comfy and cozy to want anything else. We are all waiting as patiently as possible to add to the family. As long as everyone is healthy, we are happy. Hang in there, Jess. Your life will be forever changed soon enough. We love you!
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end is in sight! And she'll be here and exhausting you in other ways very soon :) I am so excited to see Liam's reaction - a big brother!
    Thinking about you and praying it all happens soon and smoothly!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts