Hurry up and wait...

After that doctor appointment I felt like we'd be headed to the hospital at any minute - I was pumped, and energetic, and motivated!... And now, after 4 days of frantically running around and getting things done (and taking care of a sick toddler) - there's absolutely no change. I was almost sure I wouldn't be back at work this week. It's a bit disappointing. I ate super spicy food, I walked stairs, I weeded, and swam, aaaand nothing. Except that now I'm exhausted and headed back to work in 12 hours. At least I know I have another doctor's appointment on Wednesday so I can know if we're really at a standstill or if there has been progress I wasn't aware of. I'm also quite happy with the nursery - it's as finished and organized as it's going to be until we sew the crib skirt and curtain. I did promise you pictures, but I'm too tired to walk upstairs with the camera and do it.
Back to the sick toddler. Some kind of a stomach bug is going around - and everybody at daycare including Kathy, caught it. Liam was home one day with Todd while she was sick, and then he was home the next day with Todd because he had puked all over his "cool new bed." That was a first for Todd - cleaning up a mess like that. It was character building for sure. Liam had a low fever that day and a bit of the next - and he slept more and ate less, but that was the extent of it thankfully. We are just hoping that neither Todd, nor I get it - that would be the worst possible thing to happen to us right now. Liam seems fully recovered today though - still extra grouchy - but that's just the "new & unimproved" Liam apparently. Any parenting advice on this constant fake crying/tears when he doesn't get what he wants right away? I can't tell if I'm supposed to punish him for it, make him to cry by himself till he's done, hug him until he's done, or (the last thing I want to do) give him what he wants...??? This phase is foreign to me. I need to spend more quality time with him, since his days as an only child are numbered, but he makes it hard for me to want to :(
Well that's it for now, my brain is zombified mush. Cross your fingers for some baby action, or else some realllly good sleep tonight, and definitely cross them for some pictures!

Comments

  1. now watch, you will go till your due date!! (that's what happened w/kate- they kept saying anyday now!) we had an emotional a.m.- think claire woke up too early- then by 10- crabby/crying! i have found letting her cry it out gets her more upset and then she still needs to be comforted- so- i have tried talking to her about what she needs help with, or making plans for something else, show her something new in the pantry (try to distract her) and/or just picking her up and hugging her and telling her maybe she needs a drink or kleenex (again- a distraction). good luck- if that doesn't work, call me and I will come pick him up for the day when baby comes! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts