Baby Update!

Very exciting day at the baby-doctor! I was definitely not disappointed... 2, almost 3, centimeters dilated - 50% effaced! Woohoo! I love my doctor - she came in saying she was so excited to see how dilated I was - she could tell by how low the baby was, and the way I was waddling. She could feel the baby right there, but she's (the baby is) kind of in front of/above my cervix, which explains why the circulation is being cut off in my hip - and it hurts! She said that labor could happen anytime, but also asked if I wanted to be induced - tempting, but no thanks. She said she'd give me another week... or two... to which I took to mean that that's how much longer I can expect to be pregnant - but then I don't know why she's asked if I wanted to be induced?? I always think of questions after the fact. I did remember that when my water broke with Liam, I was 2 cm dilated... interesting. At any rate - I left a very happy and excited lady. You'd think I'd start rushing around to finish up the chores I didn't get to this weekend, but instead I just wanted a swimming pool and some yogurt. I got half my wish - will save yogurt for another day I guess. Now that we're home I did pack Liam's overnight back, and at least got mine out - I still have a ways to go, but I'm remarkably unfazed by it... for the moment.
Bonus picture - Liam attempts to earn some M&M's - and doesn't have to miss any of his movie at the same time!

Comments

  1. You are a beautiful pregnant momma! No prejudice here! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot of excitement in this family....yikes.....Linda M....Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts