3:3

(Why does it look like I'm exhausted? Because I look like this constantly now. And why am I wearing no make-up? Because I'd already sweated it off by this point)
Last day of the holiday weekend - guess I won't be having any labor this Labor Day - BUT I am only one week away from being full term! 36 weeks today - and getting bigger every second. Babycenter.com says little C.C. is about 6 lbs. and 19 inches long - at my last appointment everything was measuring on schedule so I have no reason to think it won't be when I see the doc this week - but she will be checking to see if I am at all dilated. I have to say, if I'm not I will be pretty disappointed. This past week several people have asked if I have dropped - that is to say, they think I've dropped. I'll probably take they're word since they see me from the side more than I do. I will tell you that my belly is currently resting uncomfortably on my lap and making me hot - like someone is constantly hugging me. Poor Todd is freezing in this house and I'm still sweating. It even was so cool this morning that the heater kicked on! I promptly turned it off.
I'm certain the baby is in head-down position because her feet always kick at my right side (or sometimes up my ribs, ouch!) and then my whole belly shifts awkwardly to the left when her back/butt stick out on the other side. Also, I've been having quite a few extremely uncomfortable pains - not contractions I think - but I'll just leave it at that. I makes me feel like this event could take place at any moment, and at least right now, that's a very stressful thought - I'm just not ready! Clothes to wash, bags to pack, nursery to organize, house to clean, lesson plans to write - plus I'd really like to swim some this week since it's supposed to be back in the 90's till next weekend.
At least the nursery is a good deal put together - I was going to wait until it was totally finished to show you, but since I just ordered the fabric for the curtains today, and haven't even picked the fabric for the crib skirt yet, it could be a while and I'm just too excited about it to make you wait that long.

I'll fill you in on today, tomorrow...

Comments

  1. you still look cute- i found some foundation that is pretty weather/sweat resistant! It's thicker but does the job and all day coverage! (in case you were wondering!) and it's ok not to be dilated- it could happen overnight, or after you leave the dr.! kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so small. Even the bathing suit pic a few days/weeks later. You are one of those women that look beautiful pregnant. :-)

    I looked like a whale! I had a huge nose and the mothers mask.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts