Up to...

I tell you, the weeks go by so quickly when you are not working - I guess time really does fly when you are having fun. So here's what we've been up to lately...
#1. Playdates - mostly with Claire (and Kristin and baby Kate), they have so much fun together and Liam is never happy when it's time to go. I don't have good luck getting pictures of Liam with Claire either obviously - Liam just shook his head back and forth the whole time I was trying. We also had a playdate at Kathy's house with all the daycare kids, plus a bunch of other Desert Springs kids/babies - that was a huge hit.


#2. Projects - last weekend's was the sprinklers, apparently after 7 years they kind of just gave up on us and we had big ugly patches of dead grass. You can see that Liam was a big help. (This weekend's project, putting together the new desk - I hope.)

#3. Parties - Todd turned THIRTY this week - I can hardly believe it... that means it's my turn next :-( We had nachos and fruit pizza at Todd's request by the pool. I didn't take very many pictures, and what I did take isn't good - I'll just warn you.
#4. Practicing - I don't remember where we were or who it was that asked if Liam was left-handed, I think I assured them he wasn't and just used both hands. However, I started watching him more carefully and I think he might be a south-paw! It would be different, since no-one in our immediate families is a leftie. But I tried to help him write in Todd's birthday card and I made him use his right hand, he squawked at me about it and could not seem to get a grip on the pen. But the last couple of days if I give him a pen to write "letters" he puts it in perfect writing position in his left hand and goes to town (there are 2nd graders who can't hold a pen the right way!). Although, if you have him give you a high-5 he'll only do that with his right hand... we'll see. #5. Preparing - The baby is 29 weeks now, and my babycenter.com updates have advised me to stock up on diapers, wipes, and thank you notes for whenever the baby may arrive. That makes it a little too real for what I'm ready for. I have wipes, I did find some cute Thank you notes (that's not scary, they're just cards), but I've been avoiding the diapers like the plague. However when I absolutely had to walk down that aisle to buy Liam some, I went ahead, took the plunge and bought the smallest possible package of N size diapers. Another scary thing I read is that women can expect to gain 11 lbs. on the average during the last trimester. Please. No. OH, also my torturous 4 hour, 5 blood -draw glucose test is over - it could've been worse actually, and I did pass it PTL!

Comments

  1. Looks like a great week- fun playdates, fun birthday party, fun little boy! Loved the picture of Liam in the back of the truck, hat on sideways- adorable!!!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts