Liam's new room: a W.I.P.

WOW, this is my 300th post!!! Anyways, moving on...


Here is the room as it served as a guest bedroom...Just in case - a W.I.P. is a work in progress :) Here is how I rearranged the furniture, including all the furniture that's getting moved over from his old room, plus the "new" toy chest that used to be mine, there will also be a little white magnetic board hanging over the table, a cute little Cars poster framed, the brown bedside table will go, a new ceiling fan, and new black-out shades - which means that I'll probably want to bring his curtains over to this room.



I have a couple of options at this point:



Option A: I keep this bed, but have to buy it a bed frame (or he'll be scooting all up into the window), here's the one I picked out at Ikea - $159 or $179, depending on if it's a full or queen (I can't remember, will have to measure).
If I have this bed then I need some kind of skinny book case on the left side, goodness knows this kid has enough of them! I can't save pics of Target's website for some reason, so you'll have to click on the links - here is one I like, here is two. Then I would need some kind of small shelf on the other side of the bed to balance the wall.
Option B: Use the old metal twin bed frame, pay to have it sandblasted and painted (waiting for an estimate on this, guessing$35-60). I would trade my full/queen mattress for my sisters twin (on a non-permanent basis) and buy a box spring for it if necessary (more $$, not sure how much, should be cheap, right?). I don't know how I would arrange the furniture with this bed, but I would still be wanting a tall bookcase (wouldn't have to be skinny) for more storage though.
Option B seems like it would come out slightly cheaper and give Liam lots more room. Eventually though, when baby grows out of her crib we'll still have to trade back for the big bed and purchase a frame for it then; also on the downside if we ever had company (although I have no idea who will stay with us after my parents move here!) they would be stuck on the air mattress. Things to think about...
Here are a couple of cute finds for Liam's room, from the flea market this weekend: He's already pretty satisfied with the whole thing, I'd say.
Thoughts?

Comments

  1. Liam looks so cute laying on the new bed! I like it! Love that you are keeping the walls the same color- I love the color of that room! Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like bookcase #1 or #2 in the 4 cube storage option. i guess if you mounted option #2 to the wall, it just seems so tall but it would look cool w/ the blue coming through the back! If you didn't want to paint bedframe you could just use a bedskirt and it would cover it,or you could probably just spray paint it?? (and not worry about sandblasting) as for the full vs. twin, you get more space with the twin and since jen has one, may as well trade,you could butt it up against the wall-and then get a rug to put on floor in front of window, like one of those race car rugs? baby will be in crib for 2 years or so so, you have awhile to figure her room out! anyway... now you got me wanting to change things up.... -kristin-

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts