Summer days...

We've finally been given some glorious summer weather - it's been in the 80's or 90's and blue, sunny skies. The forecast has the temp jumping all over the place between 75 and 95 - but at least even the cooler days are forecasted sunny. In the summer it usually works out for Todd to leave early a few days a week and so we've gone swimming several times, usually without Liam - it works out nicely to put him down for his nap at Steve & Linda's while we enjoy the hot afternoon sun. Liam was pretty sick this week though - fevers and pukes. Of course the day after I take him to the doctor (and I pay $20 so they can they tell me they don't know what it is), he starts to get better. He's almost completely recovered now, and we had a great past few days with him - eating at YogurtCourt, swimming, playing with cousins (not Denali and Dylan - Pat & Izzy McConnel's grandkids, sooo Liam's third cousins?). Today Liam was not well enough entertained however and drove me insane. He's being very Two - arguing with me, telling me "no" constantly, changing his mind and then being mad when I make him stick to it, wanting to be fed and carried and played with all the time. It's a good thing that Nana and Poppa are coming to visit so he can get some time away from mom - or vice versa. Some days he plays happily on his own and lets me get my own stuff done, and some days he just makes everything harder to accomplish - on days like this I should just give up on my own agenda, but when company's coming you don't have a choice :)
Here are some random pictures I've taken over the last week or so...




A hurt bird was hanging out in our backyard, so we had to get a closer look.




"Hi bird!"




I got me one of these from Oleander and Palm.




Just being silly.




"No touch bees." But apparently I didn't tell him about wasps nest - oops, close call!






This is where you can find him, when he's a sickie.


Lemon-blueberry pancakes with powdered sugar, his new fave.

Comments

Popular Posts