SoCal Adventures - Pt. 3

Disneyland Day!
We woke up super early again so we could get through the L.A. traffic and down to Anaheim at about opening time... we somehow miscalculated opening time and were there half an hour early - it worked out alright though, I had time to get my coconut latte and pastry from the Main Street Bakery before we had to rush off anywhere.
As soon as they dropped the rope Todd, Steve, Denali and Dylan were off and running towards the new Star Tours (and into the long line that was just for a Fast Pass), and then they hopped on Space Mountain. Meanwhile the two pregnant girls, the toddler, and the grandma who doesn't like rides did a lot of hanging out. We gave up waiting for the rest of the group and took Liam on some dark rides in Fantasyland. He was already tired and a little crankers from being up early, and he didn't much enjoy the rides until he got to ride It's a small world with his cousins. He also rode Winnie the Pooh, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Buzz Astroblasters - he really slept a lot and when he was awake there were a few rides he didn't want to go one. He took a couple of good naps in his stroller thankfully, he LOVED cotton candy (although I felt a little cheated out of my favorite treat since he ate so much of it), and he also loved the parade. After his second nap, and the cotton candy, he was pretty much done being in the stroller - he didn't want to eat, he didn't want to pick out a toy, he didn't want to hold hands - it got kind of hairy. As we were in Downtown Disney doing some shopping, I just took him out in the walk way area where it was less crowded and let him run circles around me. As it began to get late, and Liam obviously began to get sleepy, Todd went back to use some more Fast Passes, and I took Liam back to the hotel and left him with Lonnie - who drove down after work and wasn't going in the park. I felt sad that Liam missed the fireworks, but there's always next time :) I went back into
I didn't take many pictures this day either, although Jeran got some good ones, and I'll post them when I get them...


He wanted to meet Peter, and then he didn't - at least it was entertaining for the people in line behind us.


Watching the pirate ship with Dyl.


Eating chicken nuggets with a great view.


In line for Buzz - you can tell he likes this one.


Nap one - it was a little chilly in Anaheim - good thing for a blankie. (this time I was the one who had to buy a jacket)


Freedom from the stroller in DtD - he's certainly happy now!

What a cute kid!

Comments

Popular Posts