March Madness...

Not the basketball kind. (That's right, I know a sports term... don't I?)
I know, I keep thinking that with all of these normal 5-day weeks in a row before Spring Break, we'll fall into some kind of a boring routine... but no such luck. Liam started getting a cold last weekend and he has been a PILL. Of course it could also just be him realizing that he's 2 years old now and he can act like it - because he certainly is. Suuuuuper demanding, whining, testing, button-pushing... in short my patience is being tested. And to boot, he has been taking shorter naps - by a full 1-2 hours! NOOOO! Nap time is my return to sanity, and my only chance to get anything done, because after bedtime I'm just too tired to care.
And now I'm getting a cold too. Exceeept it might not be a cold. Kathy's kids were diagnosed with strep throat and ear infections yesterday. So either Liam and I already have it, or we just have the same cold and it was a very good thing that we kept Liam home Tuesday, 'course we also had to keep him home today, and probably tomorrow. And now, it's no longer a normal-routine week. So far we both have a runny nose, I feel cruddy, head-achy, and sore-throaty; but since Liam can't tell me what else is wrong with him, I'm going to assume nothing since he has the energy of someone who just drank a venti, quad-shot, latte. As much as I love staying home with him, I feel so guilty about not giving my students a day of quality education (I know some substitutes do a great job, but seems like lately I'm getting the short end of the sub stick).
This week/end, my dad is here for NNU Board Member meetings, he rented himself a very Idaho appropriate huge silver truck, and is staying with us when he's not in meetings. Liam was looking forward to his arrival all day, and kept getting disappointed when Poppa wasn't here. But when the doorbell rang, he shot up like a rocket and yelled "POPPA HEEEEEEEERE!" Since then, they've been very busy...

Comments

Popular Posts