Unexpected long weekend...

Todd was out of town for a wedding from last Thursday morning to Sunday afternoon. So I was a single-parent for a little while, an event which I don't usually relish, but this weekend was different. I went into it with no agenda, no list of to-do's, just feeling relaxed and lazy, which was perfect because that's what Liam wanted to do to! I slept in till 8 and when I went to get him up he'd say "mama's bed", so we'd snuggle back in and watch a couple episodes of Barney or Backyardigans before breakfast. After that I'd take a shower while I set Liam up with one more show, then it was his turn to get in the bath while I got ready. We never rushed and it was so nice. We read books and played trains and cars. When Liam went to Papa and Grandma's house to play for a while on Saturday, I missed him! But Liam didn't miss me - we finally had a sunny, semi-warm day and he was outside, in the garage, on his new trike the whole time. On Sunday, Kathy let me know she and her kids were sick so I got busy on sub-plans and then had myself a 3-day weekend... we just extended Mommy-Liam time.. it was so nice again and I was not wanting to go back to work today. Liam has got a cough now too, and a low-grade fever, but he's acting pretty normal otherwise - so I may get another day off, but hopefully it doesn't come to that for his sake.
Finally got my new camera (long story, lots of returning), but will take some pictures soon!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Aren't you blessed!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts