Party Planning...

This morning, while eating breakfast, Liam told me, "Almose burfday, Weeum's cake and cookies." Yep, he's right, only 1 week to go with my 1 year old. I'll save my tears for later, but for now it's time to plan this party. I'm not really a party planner per-se, in fact it usually stresses me out to have a large (read: medium, to everyone else) get-together at my house; I really don't even like planning parties for my class... at all. BUT, I'm doing my best to plan a legitimate themed child's birthday party (with the help of more than a few people) that is as low-key as possible. So here's what I've got so far...
Liam's favorite things, currently, are cars so our theme is "Ready 2 Race" - which I have to give my Granny the credit for. I'm looking for black and white checked flags and orange traffic cones, then things in in red, yellow, and green colors too. Here is my cake idea - although I won't make it in a figure 8, Liam requested cookies so he is getting those, and also I found super cute race car chocolate molds for making candy pretzels. One of the few foods Liam likes is hot dogs - and I figured that's a typical sports event food (if you call car-racing a sport), a hot dog bar is my plan for now too. If I were inviting a bunch of little kids we would do a game or an activity of some sort, but this one's just going to be family.








Any ideas to add?

Comments

Popular Posts