Snow Day!!!!!

I was bitterly jealous of all the Washingtonians who got a lovely blizzard accompanied by a few snow days last week... we always get their weather, but this time the storm passed us by... that is until yesterday. Our weather man got it totally wrong too - it wasn't supposed to snow at all yesterday, at least not until some snow/rain the evening... maybe. So I was surprised to see little snowflakes falling about 10am yesterday, more surprised to notice they were still falling and lunch, and greatly surprised to see some white (and slippery) road when I left school. It continued snowing without stop that whole evening... I didn't want to get my hopes up for a snow day again, but I took my phone tree (for letting all the staff know) to bed with me in case. I woke up at 4:50am and at 4:52 the phone rang, which I answered with an "Oh Yes!" - the only good kind of call you can get at that hour! I think I was too excited to go back to sleep, but who cares - I'm at home all day today, Todd even only has to go in for about 3 hours today; he wouldn't at all except that he has court, and the courts don't close for a snow day :( Even if there is a foot of snow!
Liam was chomping at the bit to go out in it, so we pulled on his snow suit, boots, jacket, hat, and gloves over his pajamas (and all our gear too - thank goodness for new coats and boots!) and headed out. He wasn't crazy about it at first since the snow almost comes up to his waist, but since he's lighter he sink all the way down.. he still had to have help walking though.

It's deep!

We can't help but love having a day off in the middle of the week!

Learning how to make snowballs... and throw them.

While Todd shoveled the walk and drive way we moved up to the porch where it's a bit easier to get around.. and the snow is tasty here too.

"Tasting" the 'chi-mas' lights... "wed, mm... geen, mmmm... boo, YUMMM"

And then I had to get fancy and take some artsy-ish shots...


It's still snowing 25 hours later, and I can't stop smiling! I LOVE snow!

Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures! Snow days can be so much fun- especially when you don't have to go anywhere!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts