From before...

These are some pics from my mom and sis' camera from last weekend... before my life went nutso.
Last weekend Sunday was forecast to be nice, cooler weather, so we thought it would be perfect for Liam's first trip to the zoo! He knows so many animal names and loves them all, we figured it would be just as much for us to watch him as for him to watch the animals.
He got to see the goats up close...
...feed a giraffe (what Zoo Boise! awesome!)...
...get down on a wallaby's level...
...and see so many other things he'd never seen - plus we had a little snack of cotton candy at the end, you can't go wrong with that.
Liam's current favorite snack, however, is tomatoes from Papa's garden - pick and eat, how convenient. But we have to be careful, if he has too many in one day it makes for some interesting diaper changes later... ew.
P.S. This kid is a wild child - he's all boy and getting to be quite a handful. If you can find a truck, an "airpane", or a horse, then you can calm him down or at least get his attention for a second. And if he can calm down enough to sit with a book, you may be lucky enough to be read to - seriously.
It's been a good weekend so far, we had fun on Friday with family and then relaxed a bunch today - just what I needed after this hurricane of a week. This year is going to be a big change, I feel a little like I'm on a game show and finding out that I'm not smarter than a [4th] grader. I think it will be a good class, it just takes me a while to stop wishing for the old one back - I feel a little tearful when I see my old kids walking in lines behind different teachers... but if I stick around I'll see them next year! I am blessed to have some good kids I already know this year and to have a close friend/teacher going through this switch to 4th with me, it's just been a sad adjustment going from being with my boy 24/7 to seeing him for 2 hours before bedtime. Next week he starts going back to Kathy (thanks Grandma for watching him all this week!) and I know he will enjoy playing with Claire and having a swing set :) Thanks for your prayers, I felt them when I really needed them - enjoy the rest of your weekend, and treat yourself to a Pumpkin Spice Latte, here comes fall!

Comments

Popular Posts