2, New, Chew, Yahoo!

It's gonna be a scattered post today...

First and foremost - I uncovered my years old size 2 jeans from a box under my bed - tried them on and THEY FIT. Ta-da! It's not like magic, it's like work. This is good because our weather is still chilly and all the jeans I had bought this year were too big and falling off me.

I spent 4 hours moving into my new classroom today - ay carumba, it's a disaster. Hugo's got nothing on me. At least I moved everything of mine out of my friend's room and into mine - she'll appreciate that, since my stuff was taking up about 1/4 of her floor space. And also - as I was cleaning out all the stuff the previous teacher left behind, and grumbling about it to myself - I began to actually look at it and realized there is some great stuff there - and valuable! I mean $100's in teacher idea/activity books, posters, containers, and even wooden cubbies for mailboxes! I'll just zip my lips then.

Here I was trying to get Liam to show off his skills, but he is distracted by the camera in a strange new way... Beware: hysterical.


And finally... Yahoo! It's summer vacation! And although the weather is rotten, and we are mostly stuck indoors, Liam and I are having a great time together. He is such a sweet baby, I can hardly stand it. Thank goodness I'm a teacher and I get to spend this time with him. Honestly, I was kind of nervous about being with him all day, I think because my experience with him in the afternoons and even weekends, is that I'm busy trying to do chores or make dinner and he's usually being whiny or making a mess, then I get frustrated with him and so on while I'm sure he just wants some parental one-on-one! But yesterday we played and talked (which is getting soooo good at - he said "rice" yesterday and "roar" today) and read all day, and he is so good he still let me do chores. But also, I'm more relaxed about what I get done and when, and I think that helps my attitude a lot and therefore makes Liam and happier guy too. We've been busy, but we've had fun, and lots of hugs, and kisses, and snuggles, and high-5's. I feel like I have a new appreciation for my child. And that makes me happy. :)

Comments

  1. And if it's possible, I have a new appreciation for my child! And that make me very happy!
    Funny boy! I had some new pictures of Liam printed today. I should make an album entitled "The Many Face of Liam". He has such an expressive face! I love that face!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to thank you for having Babes in Disneyland in your blog roll! I am a teacher too. I had to laugh when I read this post, as I just had a baby 8 weeks ago and daydreaming about my size 2 jeans packed in a box in our garage. We shall meet again. Anyway, thanks again for linking to me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts