Playground Adventures

Liam and I met Katie and her boys at our local park yesterday afternoon (it was the only hour where both of us were available and where all the boys were awake). It was windy but warm enough to have fun outside. It was the first time Liam had been to a park since last summer/fall when he was only a few months old, and so the first thing we tried out was of course the swings - his favorite! Tears and wails poured out when I put him in the kiddie swing, and then again when I held him in my lap and sat in the big swing. So never mind swings. (Hmm, shades of me and my 'too scary' ways.)
It was a sand playground, and Liam fell a bunch while walking on it at first - but then got the hang of it and walked around quite well... that is until he realized what he was walking on - tiny rocks! Then all he wanted to do was sit in it, and crawl in it, and pick it up, and try to put it in his mouth before I caught him, and then cry. He still got some in there though - and that totally grosses me out (but I have to tell myself whats done is done, it's just a little dirt *shiver*). Eventually he realized there was a whole big toy above and around him and started climbing on it. He climbed up to the slide, and I decided to give that a try with him - and he loved it... I however, was a bit more nervous.It was the Splash Mtn. of park slides people - that thing was a good 45 degree angle, even it it was only 6 feet long! Liam didn't smile or laugh, that I noticed, but when I set him down he climbed right back up to that slide, so we did it about 4 or 5 times. Next he discovered the tunnel, and got a real kick out of that.


I call this his 'pirate face'. And he's coming to getcha!

It was past time for his nap, so when I scooped him up out of the sand to go home, he protested - just having too much fun. And I made the mistake of taking off his shoes in the kitchen, and had to go get the dust pan and brush to clean up the small mountain of sand that fell out. I had to strip him and wash his hands before the nap, but by that time he had realized how tired he was and didn't mind. So really it was an adventure for both of us - discovery for Liam, learning for mommy.

*P.S. - thanks to Katie for the pictures, I didn't bring my camera!

Comments

  1. Nana loves these pictures! So adorable! Can't wait to go to the playground with you, Liam!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts