Help!

Sad day. At this moment in time Liam appears to be done with breastfeeding. For the past few days he's had more and more trouble latching onto anything other than a bottle. Today I let him cry for a half hour while I tried everything I could think of to get him to breastfeed, but none of it worked; so he got his bottle and I drove to school to get the pump. He's been taking a bottle since he was only a few days old, and since I've gone back to school he's been doing just fine with 1/2 bottle, 1/2 breast... but like I said, it's just been the last 3 days-ish that he just won't even try to b-feed. I realize that since I'm working I'm not producing as much milk as I used to, but when I pump I get at least two ounces, so I know he's getting something when he does try.
Grr... I'm just totally feeling helpless, frustrated and blue about it; I'm hoping that one of you mommies out there can relate and give me some advice. How can I get him to use both methods of feeding? What should I do? Is there a reason?
3 comments

Popular Posts