37, 3, and 2!

That is, 37 weeks pregnant - 3 baby showers - and 2 very fat feet! (I feel like this should be sung to the tune of the 12 days of Christmas...)
I'm 37 weeks yesterday and that's full term, can't believe I've made it this far! The baby weighs somewhere around 6.5 lbs. and is about 19 inches long. He is supposed to be slowing down, but he still manages to make my ribs ache everyday with several well-placed kicks. You can really see in the picture how low he has moved and something about that move has seriously irritated my body... my feet and ankles are the sickest things I have ever seen! And there is nothing I can do to get the swelling down now - oh well, it's just a matter of time I guess... Today was a good day though! I had 2 showers - one at my school, mercifully with just my team around me, and a family/friends shower thrown by Linda and her good friends Jennifer and Sandy - it was simple, and elegant I thought, and really relaxed - which, for me, was perfect! I, or I guess I should say Liam, got tons of clothes and toys and other good stuff today. Here are a just a few pics...



Going clockwise: Me opening JoAnn's awesome gift, the gorgeous table and treats (L-I-A-M was hanging from the chandelier above!), Maddie helping me open "the big one", Jen taking notes and not smiling for the camera.

We really appreciate the generosity of those around us! Tomorrow Todd will have his shower at work and afterwards we'll assess what we have and then use those lovely gift cards and go get the rest of the things we need. The thing I'm most excited about? A three-day weekend, Woo-Hoo! After that, baby, we are cleared for take-off!

Comments

  1. I am soo excited for you! And you look so tiny (a very pretty pregnant lady indeed). Isn't it exciting? You're going to be a mommy SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice on the picture of Jen! Oh, your poor feet. So sad... Come on Liam!!!! I'm getting so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just can't get over the feet.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts