Pin of the Week: Granola Bars

I found these on one of my favorite websites and pinned them to Pinterest. I'm always looking for quick, healthy breakfasts - I know, I know I should get up and make eggs or some such thing, but I don't want to get up a minute earlier than I have to. These granola bars may not be the most low cal, but they seem pretty healthy to me with their flaxseed, almonds, oats, and replacing some oil with applesauce (and I used dried cherries instead of currants, which I couldn't find). I loooooved them. One of these and coffee and I am good-to-go for several hours. 
Here is the link if you want to try :) just click on the picture to take you to the recipe.

Comments

  1. Sounds good! Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh excited to try! Amen to the cherished morning moments! I'll try to send you the link to a friend's blog with breakfast cookies: applesauce, bananas, cranberries, oats, etc. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://snozberryz.com/2012/03/breakfast-cookies/ She is a family friend and avid baker with lots of yummy recipes.

      Delete
  3. kinda liked baked oatmeal, which I love, so I am sure I would love these too! Wish I had some flaxseed and I would try them RIGHT NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What Kristin! I thought you always had flaxseed!
    Send me the link Amanda - I love good, easy food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know!! I usually do cause I buy it at costco, but I ran out....send me the link too for the breakfast cookies- I need quick breakfast things! Lately my school breakfast is pistachios! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts