Pin of the Week: Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese

Soooo, yeh I'm not riding the blog train this week - it's the winter blahs I guess. The weather has been stuck at well below freezing for the last several weeks, it's not my favorite. I'm just feeling lethargic and very brain dead.                            
Well, anywho, I found this pin a short while ago and knew these would make some good boy-food. So I made them for Pat and Todd during their football game last Sunday. As it turns out, this is just a link to a picture, see... 
So I winged it, and here's how it went down: 8 slices buttered bread (so 4 decently filled sandwiches), 1 package low fat cream cheese, about 1/4 c. of shredded sharp cheddar, 1 finely diced jalapeno, 1/2 package (6 oz.?) bacon. It was quite a quick meal, I cooked the bacon in the oven (idea also from Pinterest) while I heated up the griddle and got the rest of the filling ready to go. Then just chopped the bacon, mixed it in the spread, slapped it on, and grilled 'em up.

 These are sooo tasty! The bacon definitely makes it - I would say, for me, it could've used a little more bacon, and maybe I wouldn't chop it up and mix it in, but just lay the strips straight on it like a BLT. I used the bigger of my two jalapenos and it was the perfect amount of heat.
Not healthy... but how many of my Pins are?  ;-)

Comments

  1. yum! reminds me of the jalapeno popper dip- but just put in a sandwich! i just might be making these tonight- I have all the stuff! thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, I was thinking there was a dip that went something like this - I would loooove that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts