Liam's "Cars" Room: Take 2

Mom (and really dad, via babysitting) helped me paint Liam's room this week and get it all arranged and decorated, so it's finally a little boys room again - instead of a temporary-feeling purple room where princesses once adorned the walls (oh, however the closet shall remain purple - too much work - who paints the inside of the closet?).
 I was prepared to change things up for my almost 4 year old, but he's still really into cars so everything here is from his old room, but it's set up a little differently. Also, instead of using teal like his old room,  I picked a nice light gray (Dolphin Fin by Behr) that I think could last through future theme/decor changes. 

Here is the before:


And after:




 This furniture arrangement works so much better now and allows for more playing space. The rug isn't new, but I pulled it out to encourage him to play in his room sometimes, not sure if I'll leave it, it's pretty loud and gets crooked easily. Also, the Mater picture on the dresser is new from Jen & Grant - I'm not sure what to do with those two Cars pictures, they don't look bad just propped on the dresser like that I think.
In all I'm VERY happy with how it turned out, and love feeling that much more settled in this house. Next will be my bedroom since it's currently my least favorite, that peach color....

Comments

Popular Posts