Kathy

This was Liam's first full week back in daycare, and he has been loving it - Kathy's house must never be boring.
Kathy emailed me some funny things he said this week..

Liam: "Kathy."
Kathy: "What Liam?"
Liam: "You need to take tiny bites"
Kathy: "Why Liam?"
Liam: "Big bites are for if you're big and your not big any more."
Kathy: "I'm not big?"
Liam: "You're tiny now, not big any more."
-and-
Liam: "What's that?"
Kathy: "I think Katelyn got nail polish on the table."
Liam: "No."
Kathy: "Who did it then?"
Liam: "Carolina!" (and I think that's the first time I'd said the baby's name on the blog)

Kathy has also been working on potty training with Liam - I think her secret is that she's not lazy, like me. She runs him to the toilet to poop, and she doesn't put a diaper on him and has him to pee every so often - so he's had no accidents, and lots of treats! Way to go Liam (and Kathy)!

Also - our transition to the big bed has gone very smoothly. He hasn't fussed about it at all, or asked for the crib. The first night he stayed up playing till after 10. The second night he slept fairly quickly but rolled out of bed twice. The third night he didn't fall out, but it took him a while to sleep again and we found him backwards in his bed in the morning. Then last night he was asleep right away and had no issues all night - perfection! This, I'm sure, has to do with Kathy because she's been having him nap on a nap-mat or sometimes a bed for a while.
Thanks Kathy!!

**Meanwhile my week back at work has been going much better than I thought - this class is going to be a good one I think, plus I've actually been having fun back at work. The downside is that my feet (well really just the one foot) is swollen beyond recovery and painful, plus the "work" clothes I have really do not fit and I refuse to go buy more with 5 weeks to go! I'm energized in the morning and exhausted in the evening - not to mention it's been nearing 100 degrees everyday. I want to make it as long as possible for my students, but wish the baby would come now for my own comfort. **

Comments

  1. All I can say is "Poor Carolina!" She isn't even here yet and already her big brother is blaming her for stuff she didn't do. That's just the way of big brothers. (Of course, they can be pretty protective of little sisters when necessary.) Remember this when Liam is saying, "Carolina did it."
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the feet. My left foot likes to swell more then the right. I don't know how you are doing it - working that is. My feet and legs just ache by the end of the day. The heat definitely doesn't help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts