Pin of the Week: Baked Oatmeal Muffins

Well, back to school I go in 4 days and I'm on a mission to eat healthier (but still filling) this year, so I don't have to work my butt off next spring when it's time to get into a swimsuit. That, and I'll be packing breakfast for Liam this year, and I want to have some good, healthy options for him as well.
 There's only about 538 baked/oatmeal/healthy/muffin type recipes floating around on Pinterest, how was I to know which was the best? Well, I don't know, I just picked one - one without flour or sugar. The recipe says it makes 18 muffins, but mine made 26! So I ended up splitting the batter into two pans and going with different toppings for each (I would've added coconut, but then Todd wouldn't touch them). I will say over I liked them, maybe a touch more cinnamon or other spice next time though. They taste, truly, like baked oatmeal - not like a muffin, although the chocolate chip ones do a bit more - but I love the handiness of being able to eat them like a muffin. Nuke one of these and some coffee and I'm set for a while. I did notice that the oatmeal made in my non-stick pan baked a little more, and got more brown and firm than the oatmeal in the regular pan. I wonder if it was the pan, or had something to do with the frozen blueberries on top (which I was supposed to put in the batter, not on top).
The same website that this recipe was from also has a few other variations, like a chocolate baked oatmeal and a pumpkin baked oatmeal, I like that! I also like that one batch was easy to make and produces a bunch of muffins that I can refrigerate and freeze! I will definitely save this recipe for future breakfasts. Here's the link!

Comments

Popular Posts