Last day of zero...

This baby turns one tomorrow. 
 How can I bear it?
 It seems as though because she's my baby, she should stay my baby.
 But she's already starting to become a big girl, anyway.
 So I guess I should come to terms.
I can't baby her forever because she won't let me.
She wants to make her own decisions and be brave and try new things, her way.
I'm so proud of her. I love her so much. Baby or not.

You'd better believe I've been thinking about this all day long. I remembered that I had spent that evening before, blissfully aware of the torture ;) that was to come, eating popcorn with Patrick, making my mother-in-law's birthday dessert for her party the next day (which did not happen - but P.S. Happy Birthday Linda!), and not cleaning my kitchen before bed like a good girl. What a fast and furious "zero" birthday Carolina had!

Comments

  1. Can't believe it......how they become such an important part of our lives in such a short time! Gma M.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts