29...

It's my last day in my 20s. 
I guess I thought I'd be one of those people who didn't care about turning 30. I don't remember really caring about turning 20 or even 21. But, as it turns out, I do care this time. 
I've seen some people who have a "30 before 30" list - things they want to do before they turn 30. I thought, "What a great idea"... but I never thought, "I should do that" - because I honestly never realized I. would. turn. 30. It just always seemed so far away; even when I turned 29 it still did. 
In my 20's, I: graduated from college - twice, got married, bought a house, established a career, and had two kids. My 20's were exciting and full and great! If I'm bummed about turning 30, it's more because I've realized that it's the end of a wonderful era, than because I feel like I'm getting old (although I do feel like that just a bit - especially when I realize the next decade is 40, oh heavens). 
More wonderful is to come, I know. But I think I'm still allowed to feel bittersweet about this farewell.  
And hello.





Comments

  1. My 30's were wonderful! I think yours will be too! Remembering with thankfulness the day that God gave you to us! Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with the, "ends" or changes. I guess you can think of it as you are content where you are at, which makes change bittersweet, even though we know it is inevitable. Happy Birthday! I will join you in the new decade adventure soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put it so well. Have a HAPPY birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts