Weekly: Aug. 20-26 BACK TO SCHOOL!

We were all up bright and early Monday morning for the first day of school! I'm certain my kids look at least one grade older than they are actually in - such long legs on the both of them!


 Meanwhile at the end of Day 1, I was done. Not only was it the first day, but a) the kids had to stay inside all day because of poor air quality from wildfire smoke, b) right after school I had a meeting to attend, and c) then I had to run Liam home so I could them run Carolina to her first day of dance and get all of her official dance gear. I guess 1st grade is when it gets real (real expensive) - she is in a Jazz/Ballet combo class so of course she needs two kinds of shoes and all the girlies have to wear matching pink tights and leotards - which really is adorable. 
 It was a rough start, I have a super tough kid in my class which just kind of made everything a little awful even though ALL the other kids are so sweet and really amazing students. I feel bad for them, also for myself. He can behave, so we are just going to hope that I can motivate to want to. 
 Fast forward a few days and Grandma and Papa brought over a bike pump to fix a tire on Liam's bike and take off his training wheels and within 45 minutes he was riding it like a champ. He's asked to ride it every day! We sit out and watch him, and the weather has been significantly cooler so it's been pretty nice. 
 When the weekend hit we were wiped - Carolina spent several nights in a row not sleeping well and waking up around 11pm in a zombie state, it's a delicate situation to get her back in bed sometimes so sometimes I just find it easier to let her get it my bed and then when Todd comes he carries her back to her bed without a fuss. Plus she already caught some germs and has a cold.
 We spent most of Saturday being lazy in pajamas but finally decided to get out of the house late afternoon - it was such a nice day with the smoke in the air finally clearing. We tried a new restaurant in Boise and went to a new(ish) grocery store - one of our favorite things. 
Sunday was stressful - I didn't feel ready for another week - and literally wasn't because I had lesson plans to write, but also needed to do household chores, and then we had a Sunday School party in the evening, which was fun, I just felt overwhelmed. But it all got done, and it was a pretty good day - especially the weather (althought not good for a pool party!). We are hoping for at least a few more pool days this year - I mean it IS still August! But fall is definitely on it's way...


Comments

Popular Posts