Pin of the Week: Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Bars

Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Bars - Cooking Classy
image via cookingclassy.com
My co-worker's birthday is this week so the whole team brought birthday treats. I was, of course, more than happy to make dessert! These chocolate frosted peanut butter bars are sooo decadent. They taste like a true bakery-made treat or even some kind of candy bar. Also these are not easy and quick, they are a process, not terrible, but plan on it taking some time. They are not necessarily easy, but the directions are simple - make the cookies, add the peanut butter, make and add the chocolate frosting. My problem has and apparently always will be getting frosting right. I had it too thick and before I realized it, was pouring it on. Therefore I had to try and spread it (when it's supposed to be thin and just coat the whole pan on it's own), and so it shifted the peanut butter layer around and mixed in with it. Certainly not a taste problem, they just didn't look as pretty as the picture. Which was an easy fix really, because the bars are so rich I automatically decided to cut them into small squares and I just picked the prettiest ones to take to school and left the rest at home :) Here's the link!

Comments

Popular Posts