Pin of the Week: Salsa Verde Chicken + Rice Soup

Salsa Verde Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
image via Picky-Palate.com
I'm on a soup roll! I was never a soup person - I only liked egg drop soup from the chinese restaurant. I think it was Mexican Gumbo from Qdoba that made be a believer - in soups with substance, anyway! I still don't like really thin, brothy soups - I like ingredients and toppings! The tortilla soup I make at home (which is a mash-up of a couple of other tortilla soup recipes + some tweaks) is probably my favvvvvorite soup. Although, I don't know - I love the Butternut Squash one, and the new Roasted Cauliflower one too, and now this one - a whole lot!
This recipe is from Picky Palate - which is a food blog I really like and make a lot of recipes from - I think I found it because they do Disneyland food reviews :) Anyways, this is a very tortilla-soupy, but I think it's probably cheaper to make because there's a lot less ingredients, since the jar of salsa verde sort of takes them place of all of them (and the salsa is $1.99 at Trader Joe's!). I would say I like this one just as much as the other - the rice is a nice addition, and takes the place of adding corn bread or something. And it was SUPER easy - I just cooked the chicken in the crock pot ahead of time and the box of wild rice blend took 10 minutes on the stove - dump everything together and heat it - and done! We topped it with chips, pepperjack cheese, sour cream, and avocado.
Here's the link!

Comments

Popular Posts