Project: Office Makeover



Our office got a major makeover! So, I don't know at what point this became a major goal of mine - because it wasn't one at the point that I made my summer goals list at the beginning of the summer - but it certainly became one! I guess it started about the time we rearranged the furniture, which basically left the office gutted. here's the before... that whole right wall was moved upstairs with the bonus room redo... which left nothing but the desk. It was sad looking. The green walls came with the house, not a terrible color but it was very dark in there - cave like.

Here's the new office! 

I knew I wanted to paint it white to make it nice and bright, and move the desk more to center. The rest just sort of fell into place by accident one bit at a time!


black was an obvious accent color and gold fell in as well - I'm loving gold

thrifted and made!

I LOVE this reading corner - the mid century modern chair was a steal and is really comfortable too!

I seriously love this room now

I bought a staple gun :)

after seeing the cords in this picture I immediately got some ties and bound them together

always need extra storage




it's definitely not a cave anymore!

I love having the desk face into the living room - it feels much less disconnected

This room make-over sort of took me by surprise, but I am so SO happy with it!
 The breakdown:
- wall paint/spray paint - $35
- MCM chair, Vintiques - $50
- MCM footstool, Sara's Furniture - $12
- filing cabinet, Savers - $6
- MCM bookshelf, Savers - $6
- bronze bookends, Savers - $6
- desk lamp, Savers - $6
- magazine rack, Vintiques - $12
- & sign, Target - $4
- black frame, Target - $4
- corkboard (burlap), Joann's - $9
- hanging art (rods), Michaels - $2
- hanging lamp + bracket, flea market + Home Depot - $15
- succulent, Trader Joe's - $3
- ALREADY HAD: desk, desk chair, ottoman, corkboard, shelf, accessories
- GIVEN: side table
- MADE: Idahome art, hanging poster art

Total: $170

Must do:
- recover chair and footstool in black & white prints (Grandma's going to help me... right Grandma?!)
- find one more little do-dad for the wall to go with the two frames

May do:
- repaint the room... it was supposed to be an off white to match the trim, but the previous green paint is showing through the room is a very very pale mint green, it's not bad, but it's not perfect
- trade out the ottoman for some other type of bench or chair, or at the least recover the ottoman

Comments

Popular Posts