Project: Finishing touches...

Here are a couple of easy projects I did to finish up both of my big summer projects, they were already on the room photos, but they were little DIYs that I think made a big difference (I really got into DIYing and thrifting this summer, I think I'm hooked - that is if I have time to keep it up)...

The Office:
"Idahome" print - made on Microsoft Publisher, drew on the heart with a gold Sharpie. I love it, except I wish I could flip it so it was black with white writing to pop a little more on the wall.

Large wall art - Rifle Paper Co. printed paper from paper Source, two dowels from Michaels and some twine and spray paint I already had. I needed something to fill this space and honestly I really like the way it turned out. If it did it again I would cut the dowels shorter.

Covered cork board - cork board given to me, it wasn't in good condition, so I bought some burlap and a staple gun... much better!

Thrift store filing cabinet + gold spray paint = printer stand/extra storage
 Carolina's Room:
Wall art: I wanted a shiny gold piece of art, but didn't want to pay $28+ on etsy, so I printed what I wanted and traced it with the same gold Sharpie, the frame was given to me.

Re-vamped corkboard: another, smaller cork board in even worse shape - with some left over spray paint I just whipped this up. If I had thought of covering it like I did with the other cork board, I would've... maybe I still will, but it works for now and isn't too bad to look at.
1 comment

Popular Posts