Pin(s) of the Week: Football Food! Chicken Parmesan Meatballs + Ranch Bean Dip + Pumpkin Spice Poppycock

Notre Dame's season opening football game was last Saturday - and while I could not care less about football, if I had to pick a favorite of Todd's teams, I'd pick the Fighting Irish. He was pumped so I wanted to make it a special day and he and I picked some Pinterest recipes that sounded like good football food - everything was good, and everything was eaten (this was 3 guys, mind you, although the kids and I helped a tiny bit)!
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs: These were mostly eaten before I remembered to take a picture of them. It was my first time making meatballs and it was much easier than I anticipated. I didn't try one, but the guys seemed to really like them, and the whole pan was done before the day was through  (Todd says these were his favorite thing that day). Oh, and I doubled the recipe.

 Ranch Bean Dip: I also doubled this recipe, it made enough to fill my (smaller sized) crock-pot, although I was dumb and kept them on the stove and burnt the bottom. Also I used Greek yogurt in place of sour cream. Both Ruffles and tortilla chips were used to dip. It was pretty dang tasty, although the texture that the cheddar cheese gave it when it melted and then cooled again, wasn't my favorite. Velveeta, or some other cheese might be smoother. Or maybe I just need to use my dang crock pot.

Pumpkin Spice Poppycock: This was MY favorite treat, but that should come as no surprise. I love this recipe of Jeran's, this was the first time I actually didn't omit the pumpkin spice though (but I did leave out the pecans). I really liked that added spice. Now that Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Lattes (or Americanos, in my case) are out, I'm allll about pumpkin spice everything!

 Baked Apple Doughnut Holes: I'm not linking the Pin because I deleted it! Ok, these were good, but not as good as I was thinking they would be/sounded. They tasted like apple flavored muffins really, not doughnuts (although maybe that's just the baked aspect). We ate them all, but I didn't like them enough to add them to my recipe book. So there you go.

Pumpkin Spice M&Ms: Um, no, I did not make these but GO BUY THEM NOW 'cause they are frickin-frackin good! We ate them too fast, although I want to buy another bag and refill my cute little orange bowl, I know I should not, because I cannot help myself around these... normally not an issue with m&ms! But you must try them at least once, they will put you in the mood for fall!


Comments

Popular Posts