Ocean print

I took this picture at the beach in Carlsbad - in color it was lovely, but in black and white it's pretty stunning. I'm thinking I'd like to blow it up and hang it over my bed - it's $9 for a 20x30 at Costco or $40 for a 18x24 canvas print, it's a more expensive option, but on canvas I wouldn't have to frame it.. hmmm. 
 I played around with the picture in Publisher, which pretty much is terrible, but with lots of extra effort I have figured out how to turn pictures into prints with text. (There might be an easier way, I just don't know...)
I tried out a few different fonts with the word "peace". The sunlight shining through the clouds, off the water, and the beams of light coming down were/are just gorgeous. I sort of forget how much I love the beach when I'm away from it - but I remember the feeling of being at this beach, on that day - and how real, and simple, and peaceful everything felt. How calming the view and sounds were. Ahhh... I want to go back


Comments

  1. I hate to think of detracting from that gorgeous picture with words, but I understand naming it "peace."
    I might put it smaller and in a corner. Just my thought.
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need a copy of the picture, very beautiful! Linda M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, I know someone with some basic photoshop skills. Hint hint. And I'm sure they would happily add text to any picture you want.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts