Pin of the Week: Coconut (or not) Chocolate Chip Cookies

This was a quick little recipe that sounded interesting because it replaced butter with coconut oil (and a lot less of it vs. butter) - also it had only brown sugar, no white. Interesting, no?
I love coconut, but Todd doesn't - so I left the coconut for last and scooped out half the dough to be coconut free. I'll say that these were very soft, doughy-in-the-middle/done-on-the-outside, tasty cookies, but I don't know that the coconut made a real difference. I couldn't really taste it - maybe if I added more?
Anywho - it's hard to tell exactly - but it looks like these are about 40 calories less than your traditional Nestle Tollhouse cookie recipe... that's kind of awesome (and probably even more, if you didn't add the coconut at all).
Here's the link!

Comments

Popular Posts