Pin of the Week: California Quinoa Salad

In an effort to get ready for bathing suit season, I am attempting to change my diet and exercise routine (from none to some!). So you might see me on Pinterest pinning some yummy looking and healthy recipes that I can take for lunches - instead of eating the same cheese Lean Pocket everyday and then be starving at 3pm. This recipe was one I went searching for after trying it from the buffet at our local Whole Foods (yeah!!) I had never tried quinoa before this and immediately liked it - plus knowing how healthy it is helped!
Quinoa itself is easy to make, same as cooking brown rice. But putting this whole together was a little time consuming as it calls for a lot of ingredients and some you have to work with first before throwing them together: quinoa, lime, balsamic vinegar, coconut, edamame, toasted almonds, raisins, mango, red pepper, red onion, cilantro.
I don't love the onion, next time I'll either put in much less or just leave it out altogether, and maybe the raisins and maybe the cilantro - or I'll chop it much finer. Truthfully I think this would still taste great with only half the ingredients - or switching some around. I do love the edamame, and mango, coconut, and almonds - yummm.
If you want to try it, here's the pin!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts