Catch-All

I told you, the holidays creep closer and I start getting busier! I haven't been taking hardly any pictures with my phone, and definitely none with the DSLR - but I'm hoping we'll get some good ones this weekend.
So this is just a random, catch-all of pictures and updates and goings-on...
First it's been actually cold here - autumn lasts such a short time, but it's so beautiful while it lasts. Now it's basically winter, and I'm always layered in boots and scarves - and it has even snowed on 3 separate occasions, although they weren't more than a few flakes that melted right away, I don't care BECAUSE IT SNOWED, PEOPLE!
 With some money from the house sale and my Granny (thanks GG!) we decided to update the kitchen. I know I told you I wanted a new kitchen floor - and it was between that and a new front door - and new kitchen chairs. I decided new chairs before new floor, in case the old ones might scuff it - and Todd decided chairs before door, because he doesn't care about getting a new door :) Then with the great furniture sale that was going on at World Market, we just decided to go whole hog and get a new table as well (it was really reasonably priced, and has a leaf!). New things always take getting used to, but we're really happy with it so far.
A few weeks ago I had Parent-Teacher Conferences for two nights till 8 - they went really well. Have I said how lucky I am with my class this year? They are awesome. But it was pretty exhausting, then had Friday off, which was very lovely. The weekend is always full of errands and chores, and lately kids who fight and bug each other. This was a rare moment of cooperation... so darn adorable while they last. Oh, and Carolina's new thing is she loves to sit on people :)
This (below) was the first time this had ever happened. And now that I think back on it, it was probably less because he won't nap (ever) and more because this was the night last week that he puked from 11pm until 6am. Then Todd got it, then my mom got it (on Thanksgiving), then I got it (Black Friday). Pray super hard that Carolina doesn't get it! Although Todd has a theory that she's the one who gave it to all of us in the first place.

 Between sicknesses we had time to put the lights up on the house, although that's the extent of Christmas decorating we've done.
 And I also gave Carolina a little bang trim. She would never leave a clip in her hair and her bangs were hanging down to her nose. I may have clipped them a little shorter than I intended to though. But they're still cute.

 Lonnie, Jeran, and kids are here - pray that they don't catch this bug that's going around too! Hoping I can feel better soon so we can be with them. Also, next weekend is the Living Christmas Tree - 4 shows that are 2+ hours each - I think I'm just doomed to be exhausted for the next couple of weeks. But that's the holidays, right?! I hope you are enjoying this Thanksgiving weekend and getting in some relaxing!


Comments

Popular Posts