Pin of the Week: Mexican Hot Chocolate Cookies

If you like Mexican hot chocolate, you've got to try this! Todd likens it to a snickerdoodle, but chocolatey- sounds pretty good right? It's chewy and although there's cinnamon and chili powder in it, it's really not spicy, just slightly different in an oh-so-good way. For me - it's one for the recipe book!
It's a simple recipe, mix all the ingredients, roll into balls, and roll in the sugar mixture - bake for 10 minutes. The only things I tweaked were I didn't sift, just whisked, and I added a couple of dashes of cinnamon to the cookie dough because I was worried it wouldn't be "mexican" enough... if I can say that ;-/ It made 22, not 16 like recipe said, but next time I would double the recipe and use my 1 1/2 inch scooper.
My work station - it's a miracle I haven't ruined my iPad from all the cooking I do around it!
Fresh out of the oven, and making the house smell SOO SOSOSOOOOO good!
This pin links to a couple years old blog post, of a gal who tried them etc. But apparently this is actually a Martha recipe. Makes sense! Here's the link!
Look at that gorgeous sparkling sugar/cinnamon/chili...You know you want one!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts