Meal Planning: Fall Edition

Thought I'd quickly share my 2+ week recipe planning, since I haven't done one in a while:

Baked Lemon Pasta
Nachos & Restaurant Style salsa
Pancakes w/ sausage & eggs
Pineapple Habanero Meatballs & brown rice (sauce from Costco)
Pasta Bake with Italian sausage 
Soup & bread
Crockpot Cilantro Lime Tacos* (plus beans/rice from Chapalas for $4)
Spicy Romano Chicken
Fish Tacos
"Mexican" pizza
Baked Potatoes
Enfrijoladas*
Frozen pizza (Walmart brand, pretty good)

You can probably tell this list was made a while ago, because I made many of these recipes already and posted about them :). Actually, I think this list is 3 weeks old, mayyybe even 4? But these meals have lasted us quite a while - actually we're still not through all of them yet! The nachos meal gets stretched out quite a bit, because two jars of salsa will last awhile. Also, there is always enough ingredients on hand for 2 or 3 meals of the "breakfast" dinner - which is so quick, and Liam never complains - and soup with bread. I buy those Bear Creek soup mixes because they are so good, perfect for a cold day, and inexpensive - plus a bag of frozen rolls and we've got ourselves a super easy dinner.
As always, my meals have to be easy and quick to make, because with Carolina underfoot (really it's more like on-leg) it can't be complicated or I'll get totally frustrated and distracted, and also because she's hungry early and I don't want to make her a separate dinner.
Also on my list were some "fallish" desserts I had planned to make like pumpkin bread and muffins - but mostly for baking I just add extra butter and eggs to my cart this time of year, and I'm set.
**The links for the Crockpot Cilantro Lime tacos and Enfrijoladas will be on the blog tomorrow!**

Comments

Popular Posts