Two hands - two kids...

Todd went back to work yesterday, which means it was my first day "alone" with both kids... but that wasn't really the case. I did manage to get everybody dressed and fed on my own at least! I learned that I could be carrying the baby in one arm and do pretty much everything else for Liam with my free hand, it just took a little bit longer - but thank goodness for 2 hands! What would I do if I had 3 kids? I would need to grow a third arm.

It was such a nice sunny morning that mom called to see if we wanted to go for a walk, so we took the kids out in the new stroller - it was even warm!

Then Nana came over again to watch Liam while I took Carolina to her doctor's appointment. She's a healthy, growing girl! Her head circumference went from 13.5 to 14, her length from 19.5 to 20.5, and her weight from 8 lbs. 5 oz. at birth to 7 lbs. 11 oz. at discharge, to 8 lbs. 8 oz. today - absolutely right on for weight gain. Everything else looked good and we don't have to go back until she's 2 months old. Her umbilical cord even fell off yesterday, so that means real bath today. (She continues to be an easy calm baby - I have been giving her some Mylicon lately, because she's been getting kind of spitty and pulling her legs up and fussing sometimes.)

Lastly, Todd got off early and was home by 3... so basically I had very little alone time with the two kids. That was probably why Liam was a happier kid yesterday though - he prefers the attention of grandparents and staying busy.

Today will probably be similar, since I have a chiropractor appointment and both kids are going to Nana's while I'm at that.


Bless him, he tried, she just wasn't having it.

A sleepy smirk.


"Now I lay me down to sleep"...


I never showed you the final curtain - not either of the 2 choices I showed you before.


Ready for our walk.


I'd say she looks pretty cozy.

A stop at the playground makes Liam a happy boy.

Comments

  1. Love the curtain choice. It is perfect. Better than the other two choices and I liked both of them.

    The stroller is adorable as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your parents moved over there. You are really lucky!

    Alicia Buffington

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts