Room #3: Nursery Edition!

[I'm ashamed of myself - these pictures are terrible - but I guess I'm not so ashamed that I'm going to go upstairs and retake them, you still get the idea. Probably the pictures are all crooked because I was trying to get pictures quickly in between Liam running in and out of the room, and then I had the light off for half the time and on for half the time, so the room looks like two different colors (it's really a nice cream). Oh well.]

To see what the room looked like as Liam's nursery, click here http://themcconnelsinidaho.blogspot.com/2009/01/duh-duh-duh-done.html.

Without further ado:

Hello Girly!

That is the fabric I bought for the curtain draped over the rod to see how it looks - there is a second option down below...
See how perfectly my parent's old recliner matches?! Kismet. Looking forward to some long nights in that recliner/rocker.
The crib skirt is finished - thanks Mom for doing all the work for me! Even with the "ugly" breathable bumper, I think it's a darn cute bed.
Stocked and ready.
That mirror isn't exactly what I want there, but it was the best option out of what I already had.
The art we have was just not the right scale for that spot.

But the "small world" print looks perfect here.


And the "Children of the World" print is a perfect fit here (so crooked - sorry). This bookshelf is full! She's already out of space for much of anything else!

Here is curtain option #2 - they are curtains I've had forever from Ikea. I think I'm kind of leaning in this direction. I can make a pillow or...??? out of that other fabric. If I could do anything else to it I'd find another mirror, and some more personalized art, and maybe a little sheepskin rug. A couple of shelves might be in order too, since she's already running out of room for "show off" items.

But at any rate, the way it is, I love, love, love it!

Comments

  1. Cute room! Thanks for sharing. You might install some of those floating shelves for more books and toys to display. You could make a valance out of the material and a small pillow for the chair if you have enough material left. Just a thought.
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first material for the curtains! I can't wait to see a baby in that room! I'm getting anxious - and I know you are so much more. We are praying for a speedy, simple delivery! Love you jess!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts