2:3

Today was so busy! Errands this morning, church, out to lunch, while Liam went to G&P's to nap Todd did a little car shopping and I got more chores done, then finally some relaxing in the pool with friends and family, and Liam's favorite - roasted marshmallows!
Our friends the Michaelson's joined us this time, and Liam's buddy since birth kept him good company, they even played really well together, only a little fighting over pool toys.
Here they are showing how patient they can be - sugar is at stake after all...
They chit-chatted to pass the time while marshmallows were cooking...

The moment arrives and they obediently spread out their napkins...

Liam ate 5 or 6 and was still asking for more (I think I only ate 3 or 4!). Luke had one, then asked for chips :) he must have more of a savory-tooth...

Then they ran off their sugar-highs and had a great time playing with the trucks and tractors.

I wonder if between Todd's bursitis and my enormous belly (which prevents us from picking Liam up or holding him much), if Liam is feeling as though he's not getting enough attention - he's been so cranky and naughty and whiney this week. On Thursday, after walking in the door from school, he cried so hard to "see mom" (when I just really had to leave for a minute to go to the bathroom and change into comfy clothes) that he made himself throw-up. Every time you tell him "no" or even "later", it elicits immediate whines, fake crying, or even crocodile tears. Every. Time. It doesn't get him what he wants either, by the way.Wish I knew how to help him or what to do. I think it was good for him today to have some undivided attention from the g-parents and a buddy.

Comments

  1. Claire asked for smores tonight- although she just wanted the choc. bar! Gotta love sugar highs! Liam is probably just getting adjusted to the new routine and he is 2! lots of love and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your baby boy makes me miss my son when he was your son's age. Mine is almost 20. I was married at 18(two weeks before I turned 19) and had him at 20. I can't imagine Blake being a dad at 20.

    So happy for you and your family. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts