The last day and the first day...

I had quite a long list of things I wanted to on my last day of summer break (and all of it I got done - imagine!) but a priority was letting Liam paint these little wooden cars I had found at Target this summer. I made sure that the counter and Liam's clothes were protected from the paint, since I wasn't sure if it was washable... of course, being the uber-neat kid he is, he didn't get a speck of paint on anything but the cars, except a little on his fingers, which we had to wipe off right away :)
Oh man, he loved it - he plays with these cars now just as much as his die-cast ones - the red one is of course Lightning and the blue is Dinoco.
Except for the ceiling fan, Liam's room is totally done and just needs the rest of our furniture which should arrive tomorrow - I can't wait to show you pictures!
Liam also got a few more pictures when he was clicking away like a mad-man:


I was feeling pretty darn good until just a few days ago - all of a sudden I feel enormous. I'm uncomfortable sitting, standing, laying, walking - pretty much all the time except when I'm swimming. I'll be 34 weeks on Monday - only 6 weeks left! That means if the baby were to come 3 weeks early, the earliest "safe" time for her to come, then I only have 3 weeks left - what! That makes me stress about the nursery not being at all ready - I mean not. at. all. The walls need painting, the crib needs to be raised, the furniture needs to be rearranged, a curtain and crib skirt need to be made, the night stand needs to be painted, pictures need to be hung, quite a few things still need to be purchased (but a double stroller is on the way!), and all the baby clothes need to be washed. Also, Todd was diagnosed with bursitis, which explains why is shoulder has been in such pain. It's good because it means he doesn't need surgery, but bad because he's not supposed to use that arm, and I need him to "do work" for me! I got 3 or 4 comments from people today about how I looked low, I'll be curious at my next Dr.'s appointment to see if she thinks I've dropped or anything.


My first day back today went as well as it possibly could - Liam was psyched to go to Kathy's and didn't want to leave - but was exhausted when he came home and very weepy all evening. My meetings all went well and I just feel so fortunate to be at the school I'm at, with the people I'm with. I was still wishing I could work part-time though...


(Oh! And when out celebrating our 8th anniversary at the BoneFish Grill in Boise this week - we ended up dining with Peter Frampton - random!)

Comments

Popular Posts