SoCal Adventures - Pt. 5

My last pictures from our trip are from a week ago, when we spent the morning at the Getty Museum. It was quite overcast and chilly early on, but warmed up to be pretty pleasant before we headed back to Bakersfield. The Museum is an amazing building with beautiful gardens, and it afforded me my first chance (at least that I can remember) to see some famous art in person.


3 of the cutest kids I've ever seen!

It's the real deal.


Denali and I


The City of Angels

Bougainvillea "trees"


Liam was tired and getting crankers being in his stroller and having to be quiet (shocking), so he quite enjoyed being out on their large lawn.

Todd and Dylan

We made the mistake of not bringing a paci in with us (why he wouldn't sleep in his stroller), so he fell asleep on Grandma - it's been well over a year since he's done that I'm sure.

He stayed asleep through the transfer to Dad and to the car, and most of the way home.

The last 2 days in California we were busy relaxing from our adventures, eating, and doing more baby projects. The weather in Bako was sooo nice, sunny, and warm - I tried to soak up as much of it as I could since I knew the weather here wouldn't be nearly as nice. I could've stayed a few more days, but Todd had to get back to work and Liam was starting to get homesick, asking to "go home" about every hour.

We did the drive home on Tuesday in one day instead of breaking for the night and Liam did just as great coming as he did going - he did watch a few more movies though. I was certainly more of a wreck than he was, I felt sooo carsick for about 80% of the drive, it's a miracle I didn't puke on the side of the interstate.

We've been home nearly a week now, Liam is happy to be back and playing with all of his toys. He seems to be the only one of us that's recovered from vacation :)

Comments

Popular Posts