Baby Girl Nursery...

(I'm interrupting the SoCal Adventures, because this is too cute to wait...)
I've thought to some extent (read: not very much) about how to decorate this baby's nursery, what colors or patterns to pick. I've browsed Target and Babies R Us to see what's out there, and wasn't drawn to or inspired by anything. So when we went to an amazing little fabric shop in Bakersfield so that Linda could finish picking/buying fabrics for Jeran's baby quilt, I got the big question - what are your colors? I had no idea, but I knew I liked a LOT of fabrics at this store - it was honestly quite overwhelming to choose (this is why I don't shop at department stores - too many options). But after what must've been an hour at least, this is what I/we (I needed a lot of help) came up with and I am STOKED about it!

Meet persimmon & teal (NOT blue and red):

Not too girly, but definitely not boyish - more ladylike I think. Even though I've wanted a girl so much, I didn't really want pink. But then Liam never had any blue. I love these colors and fabrics so much - my mind began to run amok with ideas and plans for the nursery.


The plan: I will probably paint the room a dark cream, bordering on tan (the fabric looks white in the pictures, but it's really cream). Keeping all the same furniture, the new things I'll need are: cream sheets, cream crib skirt, cream diaper changing pad, some wide teal rickrack (seen on the bib below) along the bottom of the crib skirt, a valance in either the damask or bird print, change pad covers in all the quilt fabrics. Jeran showed me how to put together a diaper change pad/burp rag and a bib... (good thing I've got that brand-new-never-opened sewing machine I can use at my house - just as soon as I learn how to use it).On order:
They had these Mary Blair (the artist who worked on it's a small world and several old animated Disney movies) prints for sale at the Disneyland Gallery - Todd and I loved them, but they were $80... I kept thinking about them after we left, however and looked them up online. They sold $35 versions too, on paper instead of canvas, and a little smaller! So I ordered the bottom right one because I think the colors are best for the rom - I can't wait for it to come, I have a frame ready and waiting!

On order soon:



I'll need one of these - just one, not the whole name I think...


And wouldn't these look cute with the bird fabric (which will be the entire back of the quilt), Jeran also gave me a leftover ceramic bird she had found at the dollar store and been doing cute projects with... so we might have a theme going with the birds. But, then she found a yard of fabric that had kids on it that looked just like small world dolls - it's really REALLY cute... I don't know what we'll do with it, but I can't wait to see how it comes together.

Options:




My Aunt Tessa gave me money for a rocker 2 Christmases ago, and I've still never found one that would fit in that small room, and was comfortable/affordable. Here are 3 options (well really 2, the bottom rocker is $900 and in my dream world) that would look nice in there.




Not to be outdone:


Since Liam will be moving out of the nursery shortly (*sniff* how can it be?), and into the current guest room, he'll be needing some bigger bedding. The room is a bright, beachy, teal (the color of the darkest stripe in the stripe fabric), but all of Liam's current things are brown and white with some green. So we found these cute fabrics (at the same amazing fabric store) to make him a coverlet, or quilt, or duvet - or whatever fits best on that full size bed. He loves it already - he says, "Dis is mine, it's so coool." As sad as it is to move him out of his first room, I'm very excited to give him a room he loves and has more space to play in.


I'll post more on the nursery, as ideas come up!

Comments

  1. LOVE IT ALL!!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the fabric! Love the bird mirror and the bottom boy fabric - vintage looking. Awesome!

    ~alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first rocker of the 3 is one that I'm thinking about getting too. I sat in a lime green one in San Fran and fell in love. It's not cushy, but so sleek and small. We should have twin rockers for twin girls.

    PS fun posts, you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you tell me where you were able to order Mary Blair prints from the It's a Small world artwork? I can't seem to find it anywhere! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoops! Forgot my email address for above (Mary Blair) comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I got it at Disneyland! I called the Disneyland merchandise number and ordered it, it was really easy. I loved it so much I bought a second print later. Good luck!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts