Spring Break Blast! pt. 2

For exactly 2 days this spring break we had gorgeous weather. Sunny, clear, 70's warm - they were perfect days. Thursday, which was the second day Todd had off, we decided to take advantage of the weather and the discount admission and head for ZooBoise - of course everyone else had the same idea, and although we were there about 15 minutes after opening, there was a line a block long.
Umm, Mom, why are we just standing around out here?
It didn't take too long however, but we were happy to get inside... Liam was starting to get antsy. And although it looked like all of the Treasure Valley was there, it really wasn't crowded inside.


We saw lots of animals, almost all of them were out of hiding on this warmish morning - just missed the bears and the leopard I think.

Liam was a bit nervous to sit on this lizard, he wasn't convinced it was pretend.

We finally got to see the lions, the animals we missed last time we were here. I'm sure the lions were entertained by Liam's roaring at them.

He quite liked the meercats.
And was adamant on going down the slide, he just decided to do it a different way.
Then we met Katie and the boys about a mile down the road, at an itty-bitty restaurant called Big Jud's - featured on Man v. Food. It was delicious, our burgers were awesome, but the tater-tots were the best I've ever had, and probably will ever will have. Even Liam scarfed his grilled cheese. Of course we had to round out our Boise adventure with some dessert from Powell's Sweet Shoppe - we all picked out a candy and shared some gelato. It was way past Liam's naptime at this point, but he did so well, was just a really happy guy, well once he got some lunch in him. I was feeling so good that day I went home and did some work in the flower beds. It just felt soooo good to be outside and not be cold!

Friday was equally beautiful, but definitely not as well enjoyed as the day before. I had my OB appointment with my new doctor, which I really liked, but the appointment was for 10:30, and I did not see her until 11:20... the whole thing took 2 hours total, and should've taken 1. That was not my favorite. Then Liam went down for his nap, so I was stuck inside most of the day it felt like. Todd had work and then a soccer game, so when Liam woke up we went and ran errands, but I put him in his stroller so we just parked in one place and walked to all the stores we were visiting, trying to eek out a little more sunshine. We got some sandwiches and ate them outside together - I have never seen Liam be so good at the table.

Today it's freezing, and we saw snow earlier - it definitely feels like spring break is over :(

Comments

Popular Posts