Happy Thanksgiving!

The day started out with my waking up about 5 am because I was nervous I'd sleep through my alarm and not get the turkey in on time... but 7:30 came, I got it in, and then rested a bit more until Liam woke up. I couldn't let him eat oatmeal on such a special day, so we made pancakes...

After breakfast Auntie Jen came over with some Starbucks, we started the parade (one of the best parades I've seen - don't you agree?) and I started on the mashed potatoes. Alton Brown's recipe was superb! Liam went down for a nap, and I went to take a shower and get ready. Aunt Dixie came over, and it was time to set the table.
A happy boy woke up just in time for lunch.
Little helper.
Our thankful little group.
Our small table... why didn't I take any pictures of the food?! There was tons, we literally only ate about a quarter of each item... lots of leftovers! And the pumpkin cheesecake later was to-die-for!!! We all agreed it was one of the tastier Thanksgiving meals we've had - and even though it was last minute, and not as big a spread we didn't miss anything!
Liam wouldn't try turkey, potatoes, or stuffing - but he loved the cranberry sauce and green olives of all things! (which he got Aunt Dixie to feed to him like a little bird)
He also learned how to use the camera, and didn't really want to give it up.
All-in-all it was a very good day, we were feeling pretty thankful for our cozy, relaxed, and bountiful Thanksgiving! Since then I've been slowly decorating for Christmas, I try to do it while Liam is sleeping so he doesn't really notice the changes and doesn't try to bother any of the stuff I've put out. Today it's snowing and we've been very lazy, at some point I think I'll go look for a tree - there will be no way Liam won't notice a "kissmas tree" - so that will be interesting.. and fun :)

Comments

  1. Love all the photos! Everything and everyone looks wonderful! We are so thankful for all of you!
    Nana & Poppa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious reading your blog this a.m.....and to think we missed all of this but enjoyed California! Good job Jess! Linda/Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts