Conferences, Company, and Craziness...

Today was the 50th day of school for us... so about 13 or 14 weeks... and yet some how it still feels like summer vacation just ended and I'm just not used to life being so hectic - why is this? Thanksgiving is a mere 2 weeks away, I ought to be settled in to my work schedule by now, right?
Well last week was Parent-Teacher Conferences, I'm very proud to say that I had 100% attendance, and I think they went well. They are always tiring, but they just seemed to go by so quickly this year.
Nana and Poppa came to visit us too, so Liam didn't have to go to daycare on Thursday or Monday, and I had Friday off. He was in heaven, this boy loooooves his grandparents.
The crazy Idaho weather, as usual, has taken us from 90 deg. summer to 32 deg. winter within a month - we definitely don't get much fall here, although what we get is beautiful. Snow has been in the forecast 4 times already; it's covering the hills although I haven't yet seen it in the valley - but believe me, I'm crossing my fingers!

We made some yummy pumpkin cream cheese muffins - and Liam approves!

He also showed us the advantages of bananas as a deodorizer and a snack! (weirdo)

He is just soooo cute and smart - his memory blows me away! But he's also getting to be a real handful with the whole "I want to be independent... sort of" thing that almost-2-year-olds are known to do. Let me just say, I'm glad the toddler leash has been purchased for Disneyland... yep I'm putting my kid on a leash. You can't judge unless you've met Liam, that kid doesn't have a "walk" speed and he also thinks it's funny to run away from you when you call him - therefore I have decided to take away the option. Trying to get him fed is going to be a whole other story that I'm not ready to think about yet...

Comments

  1. As someone who worked at Disney- I am PRO child leashes. They keep your child close by. They do NOT hurt them. They easily get lost and run off in HUGE crowds. All it takes is a couple seconds where you aren't paying attention. In the long run, you will be able to keep him safer and have much mor efun on your trip. Have a blast. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts