Chemistry / Christmas tree...

We got ourselves a fake tree! It wasn't easy to find an acceptable one (and this one barely passed - why do all the fakes have white lights???); we trekked out in the snow and freezing wind, got out and "bucky-ed in" (buckled in) 7 times as we checked every store around Nampa, and we definitely enjoyed ourselves! I am a little sad to have a fake tree, but it sure was easy to pop open the box, snap the 3 pieces together, plug it in, and voila (or "walla" as my 4th graders spell it)! Liam doesn't know the difference though - he loves it no matter what. But, I was wrong about one thing - he doesn't say "kissmas tree" he says "chi-mas-tree" which sounds for-all-the-world sounds like "chemistry." He goes around the house saying "Ho Ho HO Chi-mas-TREE" - it's so darn cute! Today, when we got home, he ran into the house saying "home, chi-mas-tree" [repeat] - but when he got to the unlit tree he stopped and just went "uhhhh... uhhhhhh?" He was not aware that Christmas tree's are sometimes not lit. :)
He loved putting ornaments on "uh pie" (up high).
He desperately tried to get us to let him eat a candy cane - how does he know it's something to eat? I've never given him one or eaten one in front of him!!
Done decorating, pleased as punch.

And a little run through the snow to top it off. Liam has the funniest way of saying snow - I can't even spell how he says it. It's been our snowiest November yet - at least, in the 10 years I've been here - the snow melts pretty quickly but it's probably the 6th or 7th snowy day we've had already, I LOVE IT!

Comments

  1. Oh my the cutest!!! I need to squeeze that kid.......Grandma M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable! What fun!
    Nana

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts