4 Days...

Idaho teachers (well most of them) get two days off every October for some conference that happens - now I've never been to this conference, nor have I known anybody who has ever gone... most of us see it as a much needed break from the craziness of starting a new school year. For past two years we've gone to Disneyland during these October days... but not this year. If we weren't going in 2 months I would've been feeling pretty sore about it, but since my DL fix is coming soon I was free to just relax and enjoy having nothing (much) to do for 4 whole days... it felt like a real vacation!
Thursday and Friday were particuarly nice, even Wednesday was since I had no class due to so many teachers being out of town. Liam and I ran around town, played outside in the cool weather, played inside and read a bunch, had Claire and baby Kate over to play, went to Owen's house to play some more. It felt good to me to get the bulk of my chores done before the weekend too.
Playing in "botses."
Climbing on the "chaiw" - which he's really not supposed to do because he's fallen off twice and hit his head.
Playing with the "dod" - also something he's not supposed to do... see what I let him get away with in the name of blog!
His favorite "acooming"... if only it really was...


And one last thing he's not supposed to do - play with the mouse (he says 'mouse' quite well... because of his Minnie & Mickey toys - although he calls them Red and Pink Mouse... we're working on it).

Todd, as usual, has the Monday off after my long weekend - so he gets his turn tomorrow... I'm not quite ready to go back, but these next three weeks until Parent-Teacher Conferences (and another long weekend) always go by pretty fast, then it's three weeks till Thanksgiving break, and then three more till Christmas break - this time of year just flys... and I love it.

Comments

  1. His hair is getting so long. I can't believe all the things he says.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts