*Sigh...


We really had a great visit with all the Knights - Liam showed off with all of his grunty-squeal-responses, almost words, giant smiles, and sitting up... I don't know if he's ever charmed anybody so thoroughly in such a short amount of time. But they are gone now, and we miss them. Yesterday was kind of a bad day - getting adjusted back to a normal schedule with nobody but mommy around to entertain Liam. He was crazy-fussy yesterday evening, and he puked again (oh, I didn't tell you, he's puked once a day for the last 3 days, and just been generally very grouchy in the evening)... which prompted a trip to the doctor this morning. There's nothing wrong with him as far as they can tell - so we're going to go off food except for formula and rice cereal and see if that does anything - and if it doesn't then I guess it's either the formula or he's teething (although you can't feel any teeth under there!). Or maybe he's sensing my anxiety. I'm slowly becoming a basket-case - summer is rapidly coming to an end (just over 1 week left!!) and I'm just not handling it very well, as I'm sure most new mom's wouldn't. This last week is crammed full - we are keeping an eye on pool construction while the in-laws are away, I've been going school shopping and visiting the classroom, I am weaning Liam (which is a whole gamut of emotions in itself), and we still only have 1 car! I feel like I'm keeping it together on the outside really well, but sometime soon these emotions are going to get to a boiling point it's not going to be pretty. Liam is just growing and changing so fast (27.25 in, 18.4 lbs. now) - just today he started sticking his tongue out and blowing pbbbbts at me, it's hilarious; he shakes his head "no", he says mamama and dadada, but not on purpose yet - and I want to be there when he figures out what he's saying; plus it won't be long until he's gotten himself on his knees and trying to crawl. I hate this stuff I'm going to miss - and I just think about the fact that I'll have 3 or 4 awake hours with him after I get home and he'll likely be fussy and I'll likely be busy. I might as well not have this last week, 'cause I doubt I'll enjoy it very much.

big enough to ride in the cart *sniff*

http://themcconnelsinidaho.blogspot.com/2009/07/pool.html pool update

Comments

  1. it's really not so bad and he will quickly adjust to being happy at that time of day because it's his time with mommy and daddy. It'll take adjusting, but before long you'll see the benefits too. Don't waste this week worrying it all away- just enjoy the time and spend as much time cuddling as you can. And remember that the weaning process wreaks havoc on your hormones. Give him lots of snuggles and kisses and remember that time at school moves way fast and then you're home again and totally excited to see him and he to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you're feeling, trust me that I know how emotional it is and how hard it is to enjoy those moments when you're worried about going back to work. I still have a hard time and I've done it for like 9 mos. now!! All I can say is you will adjust and get used to it, cause it's what you have to do. Start looking at what days you have off and remember to make that time you do have with him in the pm sacred...which means you don't get to do/go places as much as you might want to, but at least you'll get that special time in with your family. That's what matters the most! I'll keep you in my prayers!
    love-miss

    ReplyDelete
  3. same,same,same....(weaning, leaving, missing out, basket case, emotional, tears, etc.) O.k. Jess we can get through this. I am hoping by Sept. life feels, "normal." In the meantime we are going to need lots of snacks, latte's, mini-collab over lunch at Mona Lisa....fun stuff! -kristin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts