Jess is done/Liam is starting...

Today was my last day of school - HOORAY! (Tomorrow doesn't count since there's no kids). It was a crazy day - it started out kind of rotten. I woke up really early so I could get Starbucks, and get my room decorated for our Aloha Luau, as I was unloading the car at school I noticed Todd's keys in my purse and no school keys and no cell phone! So I had to turn right around to take the keys back and back around to make it to school - I literally walked through the front door as the bell rang! I was really upset, but it worked out OK. I just decorated at lunch, and didn't get as much cleaned or packed away as I would have liked. People always ask if I get sad on the last day, and I don't. I LOVED my kids, but I'm always ready for the break. I will, however, miss them next fall when I get a new batch of kids that I don't know.
Liam is 17 weeks old today. He slept like a rock star last night! He was down without a peep for 9 hours straight, then woke up and went back to sleep for an hour, and then woke up and ate and went back to sleep for another hour! I'm curious why so much sleep, but I won't ask I'll just be thankful. This afternoon though, he was pretty grouchy and didn't really nap - but this evening at Katie and Brian's two wonderful things happened... the first is that Liam tasted his first solid food today (rice cereal) and it was of course priceless!! And the second... you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see :)

Daddy tries - ew..

Mommy tries -gross...

Messy face mulling...

Hey, it's not that bad...

...but my fingers are better.

Comments

  1. love the captions- aargh he's adorable!
    such a fun night after all... even with ethan fussing, lucas fussing, and liam fussing...
    and you forgot to mention you ate cauliflower! that's a milestone too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I loved when they get to start trying new foods!! I found that the soft plastic bibs are the best to use...just a thought! HEHE! I wish someone would have told me sooner! They just wash up in the sink really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts