Due Date!

Well, today is Liam's due date... and it was a week ago today he decided he couldn't wait any longer! It was this time a week ago that we were finishing our "last meal" at Qdoba and heading to the hospital. Of course I wanted to linger over my food, but Todd wasn't hungry and just wanted us to get out of there :) Linda asked me "aren't you glad you are where you are rather than doing that today." And I told her that I was glad, but there is a part of me that would relive that experience in a heartbeat - and it's really true! I can't believe it's only been a week and I can't believe it's already been a week!
Liam is doing well - he went to his first Dr.'s appointment and everything was good. He had lost 6 oz. total - which isn't that bad. We've been having trouble keeping him awake when feeding him, he just gets too comfortable I guess. So now I have to feed him every 1 1/2 hours in the day and 2 1/2 hours at night... it's a lot, but it seems to be helping. He gave us a really good nights sleep last night - no crying, going right back to sleep (in his car seat) after each meal. He's making these funny little grins all the time now too - mostly in his sleep. We miss having my mom here, but were doing just fine - next week when Todd goes back to work - is what I'm really nervous about. Will post some pictures soon!

Comments

  1. I was so nervous about Rick going back to work and my mom leaving me! I totally understand! Believe me...you can do it! When push comes to shove...you just do what you have to and amazingly you some how just know! Must be a mother thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above is from Katie Wiese...sorry left that off of the last one! HAHA! I must be brain dead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remembered today was your due date! See what I mean about doing it again...isn't it great?! Sounds like he's perfect, feeding that often should keep you plenty busy. I was nervous about RB going back to work too- you'll be just fine, really. It's instinct! Call if you need to though! :)
    love-Miss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah- I'm so glad he came early- well, part of me is mad you didn't have to suffer for another 2.5 weeks, but I got over that. He's adorably precious and you should mention his little screeching noise... that's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess you will be fine when Todd goes back to work. It is amazing how fast you get into a little routine. Before you know it Liam will be only waking up once during the night and sleeping 6-7hrs, and he will be smiling and cooing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts